Your Meeting’s Gift to Friends Camp Inspires the Next Generation of Quakers:
- In 2019, over 400 different campers at Friends Camp will be loved for exactly who they are and honored for the Light of God within them.
- Campers who might be one of the only young people in their Monthly Meeting get to meet other young Quakers at Friends Camp.
- Campers help lead daily Business Meeting and learn the ways of group decision making while living in authentic community.
- Young people who didn’t know about Quakerism before camp are more likely to attend a local Meeting for Worship after learning about Quakerism through Friends Camp—whether this happens when they are 17 or 37.
- Campers participate in un-programmed Quaker Worship twice each day, once in the morning and once in an evening “Vespers.”
- Everyone deserves a chance to go to Friends Camp, not just those who can afford it without help. Your gift makes Friends Camp possible for families with low incomes!
- Campers and staff at Friends Camp engage in programming around racial justice and other movements inspired by the idea that all people are equal in the eyes of God.
- Young adult staff members learn about Quaker leadership through clerking staff meetings, seeking Truth together, and feeling empowered by giving back to their community.
- What other reasons would your Meeting add? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to continue the conversation!