What to Pack?
Some of our cabins are very small, so please limit your luggage to one duffle bag or one suitcase and a sleeping bag. To help you limit the amount of camp clothing, we offer a free mid-session laundry service for campers who are staying for two weeks.
We hope that all parents will be proactive during the packing process so that your child does not bring too much clothing.
(All Clothing And Items Must Be Marked With Camper’s Full Name)
- Casual clothing – Shorts, shirts, pants & jeans
- Two white cotton t-shirts for craft projects (tie-dye, screen-printing, batik, etc.)
- Sleeping bag / Twin-size sheets / Blanket / Pillow
- Sleeping pad (optional, for possible island overnight and/or stargazing sleepover)
- Sneakers / Sandals / Socks
- Sweater / Jacket
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Swimsuits / Towels
- Toothbrush / Soap / Comb / Brush
- Water Bottle
- Hat / Sunscreen / Insect Repellent (Non-aerosol)
- Paper / Envelopes / Stamps
- Laundry Bag (You must bring a laundry bag with tie string or zipper)
Other items you may consider bringing: camera, books, cot size mattress cover, large beach towel, musical instruments, journal, baseball glove, games (non-electronic), stuffed animals, fun or funky clothing for the dance.
Campers may bring digital cameras, but a plastic one-time use camera would be a better option for our rustic setting. Please note that Friends Camp is not responsible for loss, damage, or theft of any item. Please make sure that your child’s name is on the camera. Many digital cameras and one-time use cameras look alike. Valuable items or nice clothing should be left at home.
What not to pack:
MP3 & CD players and iPods
Food and candy
Electronic games or toys
Knives or any kind of weapon